Saturday, April 30, 2011

A message from Jackie Korey: A Global Wristband Project Supporter


Name: Jackie Korey
State: New Jersey
I’ve always been interested in helping those less fortunate than me. My parents
instilled a very good sense of remembering to never take anything for granted in
both my sister and myself. They were always participating in their own charity
efforts, so from a young age I was interested in making the world a better place. My
first real efforts into the world of giving came at church. Every Christmas, my sister
and I would pick out a family to donate gifts and holiday dinner to. My mom would
take us to Target and we would pick out snacks, games, clothes, shoes, and other
things for the family. It gave us such joy every season know that we were making
the lives of others families just a little better. When I was 7 or 8 I would hold
lemonade stands outside of my house. My mom would help me mix the lemonade,
and at the end of the summer I would donate the money to the Red Cross.
Now that I’m going off to college, I still to this day am always thinking of
ways to help the world around me. It has nothing to do with pride- it simply has to
do with me having the hardest time knowing that people out there are hurting.
Yoga has been a big part of my life, so maybe that sense of giving has stemmed from
my yoga philosophy. I feel so fortunate that I have been able to have a loving family,
great friends, an amazing education, and everything I could ever need in life. It
hurts to know that there are so many people who are suffering out there, and I fully
believe if everyone just devoted their life to helping a little bit we could someday
diminish or possibly end world suffering. The efforts of the Global Wristband
Project are appealing because they offer so many ways to help. By buying and
wearing a bracelet, you are not only supporting the artisans who created the
bracelet, but you are spreading the message by wearing it daily. It’s a chain affect,
and that’s how more people get involved. I don’t foresee my desire to help the
world ever ending, and I hope to continue to make an impact on the world through
my everyday efforts, whether it is something such as wearing a bracelet to help
Christina’s project in Haiti, or traveling abroad to work with children in need.
Everyday we wake up and have the power to change someone’s life, I believe you
can change the world with that mindset.

4 comments:

  1. i will interest your "Global Wristband Project". Its nice one to all wristbands lovers. I like it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reach this quality article from my friend "Wristbands Of Your Choice" profile. Yes absolutely silicone wristbands lovers like this project so very much. I to like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Silicone Wristbands project. I know im a partner and I get one for free but I bought one the day they came out. We have sold several and people are really loving them. There are the skeptics, but there will always be unhappy people. I think this is a good thing and hope it continues to catch on.

    ReplyDelete